1. Every Tuesday at Emilio's in the Fan is salsa night, where patrons can learn the moves. The venue also is host to live jazz music every Friday. Emilio's Short Pump location holds salsa dance lessons every Friday.
2. Almost every night of the week at Balliceaux, there's some type of world music going on — whether it's jazz, funk or soul. Coming up this month are Soulpower, the Richmanian Ramblers and DJ Graybeard's Afropop Dance Explosion.
3. Every Wednesday, C'est Le Vin wine bar offers a Class and a Glass, featuring a one-hour tango lesson and a glass of wine with a dance that follows.
4. Thursday is salsa night at Havana '59. And every Monday, the venue plays host to Mike Davison and the Latin Jazz Messengers.
5. Addis Ethiopian Restaurant holds an open mic and acoustic-soul music series every first Saturday of the month.