Evan Nasteff, prolific Richmond actor and bartender at Pie.
1. Find a spot that makes you comfortable or you'll inevitably run into drama or find yourself starting it.
2. Don't ask, "What's the cheapest thing you have in here?" The bartender and everyone around you will know that the answer to that question is you.
3. Smile. It's hard for anyone to not want to be around you if you're happy and having a great time. If you're in a bad mood or tired, quit being fussy and go home.
4. Get to know your bartender. Introduce yourself, be nice and tip. Accomplish this and your bartender may even help you out if find yourself in a conversation with someone aggressive, like a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
5. Don't be afraid to walk around the bar with a glass of water in your hand instead of alcohol. To me, you look like Superman.