De la Burde Case on Court TV 

Though de la Burde died in March 1992, his death continues to make waves. Just last week, the woman convicted of killing him, Beverly Monroe, had her 1992 conviction set aside by a judge who said prosecutors improperly withheld evidence. The state will appeal that ruling, and the case presumably will go to federal appeals court.

The documentary is to be part of a pilot series for Court TV that will focus on forensics and crime investigation, says filmmaker Todd Moss. Moss plans to be in Richmond this week to film interviews.



Monroe has always proclaimed her innocence, and a muckraking documentary that aired on TNT two years ago supported her claim. Now it looks like she'll get yet another chance in court — and in the court of public opinion.



— Greg Weatherford





Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

  • Re: Wireless Recharging Firm Makes Mark in Scott's Addition

    • Hello to the people of this forum email ukospelltemple@yahoo.com or whatsapp him on +2347064650019…

    • on July 23, 2016
  • Re: McAuliffe Loses Big on Felon Rights Case

    • Peter, a front page story covering the granting of rights, a small little blurb covering…

    • on July 22, 2016
  • Re: NSFW: Naked Jogger Emerges Again in Fan District

    • i want to share to the whole world on how Dr OMOSUN cured me from…

    • on July 22, 2016
  • More »
  • Latest in News and Features

    More by Greg Weatherford

    Copyright © 2016 Style Weekly
    Richmond's alternative for news, arts, culture and opinion
    All rights reserved
    Powered by Foundation