The RVA Earth Day festival is the local celebration honoring "mother earth" and takes place every year in Manchester spanning from the river front to 1st through 4th streets. The festival organizers and participants seek to spread knowledge and passion for the environment through fun and educational activities for all ages.
RVA Earth Day festival showcases the best of Richmond's green artists, businesses, farmers and enthusiasts. Attractions include:
- Kids' activities and sustainable workshops organized by Backyard Farmer
- Artist showcases and a recycled art show from Art Works
- JROC's outdoor gear swap
- Shad fishing and casting demonstrations from Virginia Fishing Adventures
- Three stages of live local music performances
- Local food vendors and RVA Street Foodies
- Legend Brewing and other Virginia craft beers
- Bike valet services from RideRichmond
- Many other exhibitors offering resources and education on our environment.
Net proceeds from the festival benefit FeedRVA, supporting and fostering food justice so that communities can exercise their right to grow, sell, buy and eat healthy foods. Feed RVA is the non profit arm of GrowRVA and creates a funding system that matches the dollars spent through SNAP at area farmers markets. For every "food stamp or voucher" redeemed at a farmer's market, FeedRVA matches the dollar value, so $10 becomes $20. And that $20 spent at a farmer's market then supports local farmers. It's a full-circle feel-good all the way around.
Join Style Weekly, Fountainhead Properties, The Locks, GrowRVA, Art Works, Backyard Farmer, The Shop, Artspace, Pedal Power, Richmond Railroad Museum, RideRichmond, Brown Distributing, Taste the Local, Legend Brewing Company, RVA Green, Sonoco Recycling, ECO Supply Center, Virginia Outside, Science Matters and Community Ideas Stations, Main Stage Productions, RVA Event Space, Friday Cheers and Venture Richmond as we power the city with local goodness.